- Activated charcoal in shampoo: Gentle but deep cleansing of the hair, as all residues of styling products and dirt are thoroughly rinsed out.
- In toothpastes, activated charcoal helps remove discolouration. Without abrasives or chemical bleaching agents, this is a way of whitening that is gentle on tooth enamel.
- Activated charcoal in peeling: Ideal for deep cleansing of the facial skin, activated charcoal is also used here. Its talent for pulling dirt particles out of the pores like a suction cup is unique.
- As our skin pores age, they lose elasticity and appear larger. Facial masks with activated charcoal can help against this: Clay minerals and activated charcoal powder cleanse the pores and rid them of sebum.
- Activated charcoal in shower gel: The charcoal absorbs dirt particles - up to 200 times its own weight!
Activated charcoal in toothpaste
The idea behind the black toothpaste is the sponge principle: bacteria and dirt particles are bound by the high absorption capacity of the miracle charcoal and the teeth are left sparkling clean in this way. The use of activated charcoal goes back to ancient Egypt, where charcoal soap was already used for cleaning and disinfection. In some parts of the world, e.g. Africa and Asia, people still brush their teeth with ash and charcoal from wood burning. But be careful! Not all charcoal toothpastes contain charcoal.
Many toothpastes are merely mixed with colouring in carbon black to make them appear contain the beauty trend ingredient. So watch out: Take a look at the ingredients and look for the word "charcoal" or "charcoal powder". This way you can be sure that charcoal is included. On the other hand, keep your hands off products with the ingredient "carbon black". This name refers to industrial soot, which according to the International Agency for Research on Cancer may be classified as carcinogenic.
Our SuperBlack toothpaste is not comparable to the use of pure activated charcoal powder, which may have a more aggressive effect on tooth surfaces. Compared to some other whitening toothpastes, SuperBlack does not contain abrasive particles that can wear away tooth enamel and very aggressively counteract discolouration if used frequently. The SuperBlack toothpaste provides gentle whitening of the teeth without aggressive abrasives and is tested according to the EU Cosmetics Regulation and is safe to use
Here you can find our activated charcoal toothpaste: